terça-feira, 26 de novembro de 2013

Visa: Approved!

Things are working out even faster than I expected. I found out today that my student visa has been approved! The whole process of getting it was simpler than I thought.


Unlike the process to get an american visa, for example, you don't have to be interviewed by a consul or ambassador. Instead, you have some medical examinations. I had those last friday Nov. 22nd and the results came out and my visa was approved today, Nov. 26th! Really fast, wasn't it?! The status of your visa can be checked online on the Department of Immigration website and they are really up to date with everything.

The only inconvinience was I had to travel to Rio and spent one entire day to have the medical examinations required by the australian government. I said it was inconvinient because the time gap between the exams took a little longer than I expected, but they turned out to be just fine.

The medical examinations included: an initial check-up with a nurse which the main purpose, as I noticed, was to check the blood pressure, besides measuring height and weight. Then, there was the urine test, X-Ray, and a final check-up with a doctor. Although I'm not one the healthiest people you'll meet, everything was great! :D

PS.: Speaking of health issues, ironically I started to get sick today. I hope it doesn't last long and I get back to my perfect health again asap! 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário