quarta-feira, 13 de novembro de 2013

The steps to the final approval (Part II)

Moving on with the steps of the process to the final approval, this was when I started to see it all getting a noticeable shape...

6 - The placement in the University:


I just couldn't believe it at first when I got the e-mail: "Congratulations! You were placed in Monash University!". It was the one I wanted all along. No better than the 61st best university in the world, according to topuniversities.com in their ranking of Top Universities in the world.

Besides, Monash is located in Melbourne, which was rated the most liveable city in the world! It's still hard to believe I'm going to this amazing place...


7 - Offer Letter (Full)

I've got an interesting fact about this one!

So, the letter the universities send the students can be full or conditional:
If it's full, it means that you got a score on the proficiency test which was higher than they require. If it's conditional, it means that they jugded you don't have the skills to go straight to studying your degree program, but you will be able to do so if you take english classes for up to 1 semester before shit gets serious! In that case, they offer you the english course and sometimes you have to do the proficiency test again. Well, I got the full letter!

The interesting fact about it is that I received the e-mail while enjoying the Rock in Rio festival! Can you believe that? No need to say I found the festival much more awesome than it already was hahaha


8 - My YES to Monash:



This acceptance form came along with the full offer letter. After doing so much thinking and almost turning it down, I changed my mind and accepted it... Naaah, of course it wasn't like that! I was sure it would be a dream come true for me so I gave it a big yes!


9 - Choosing the Units

First task as a student in Australia! Wow, I had never thought about that before... anyway, the agency advises us to choose units that we can have as DONE when we come back to Brasil. Of course, I tried to look up for those ones that would best suit me.

They have it all online on their website. It's called the handbook. All information about the units are there, so all I had to do was go through it, staying alert for the prerequisites each one had so I could be sure I was able to take.


10 - Final Results



Finally, it was official, and I could tell everyone the good news, if I wanted to! I just wanted to wait until the end to make sure everything was ok because even though I had received the offer and everything, something could still happen. Being down-to-earth is always good!


So, that was it. The road to the approval step-by-step. Of course, I could go hours and hours on that and write much more, but for now I think it's enough.


PS.: I came across some especific terms of the process in portuguese, so I translated many of them my way.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário