terça-feira, 31 de dezembro de 2013

Goodbye, 2013

Finally, the last day of the year 2013 has come. The final chapter, or the final page, if you prefer.

I woke up late, and since the night before, I caught myself thinking about the time in advance that people are experiencing in Australia(not only there, I know), and because of that, the early celebration of the new year of 2014, compared to us here in Brasil. Of course it has already happened by now, and I keep picturing myself in situations like that. In advance. Ahead. From afar.

I'm not much of a facebook writer kind of guy, so since I have my blog, I can take the liberty to write and publish it somewhere my own. My own surroundings, my own zone. New Year's gets you thinking, doesn't it?!

Well, I've been at the beach relaxing these past couple of days. I never get too excited before it comes, but after actually being there, it always feels refreshing and you never wanna go back to "normal life". 

Here's a pic of when I started to write the post:



Taking it on the optimistic view, this past year was "fair". But it doesn't get much better than that, since the realistic view steps in and highlights the ups and downs I had. I'm happy to have accomplished new goals, but life always finds a way of balancing it with some sad shit. Truth is, in order to keep it together, focusing on the good side of the shit, no matter how awful it is, is the way to go. So let's keep going!

So many expectations for this new year... even though I know it is gonna be awesome (much more than 2013 was), I'm not gonna keep my hopes up too high. I'm already seeing some buddies go and it makes me even more anxious.

That's is! Let 2013 go and 2014 come. And bring it on! Life, here I come. Australia, here I COOOME!!

And still from Brasil...


PS: This post took me the longest to write so far. Started after lunch and just finished it. House full of people, hard to get some time out alone, right?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário